- The main legal aspects of the GST law
- Various compliances required under the law
- Procedures to be followed to ensure the compliance
- Latest developments & changes introduced/intimated by the GST council
- Imparts up-to-date knowledge in GST
- Improves analytical and problem-solving skills so they can make the right decisions & much more
- Introduction to GST and comparison with Old Indirect taxes (Excise / Service Tax / Vat)
- Types of GST / Rate structure under GST
- Exemptions in GST
- GST Registration – Persons liable for registration. Types of registration (Mandatory and Voluntary)
- Concept of supply under GST – Distinction of Goods and Services.
- Concept of Place of Supply.
- Concept of time of supply and Valuation under GST
- Concept of Branch Transfer / Principal – Agent / Job Work / Works Contract / E- Commerce / Special Economic Zone / EOU / Free sample / Input Service Distributor
- Export & Imports in GST and provisions relating to LUT
- Types of Invoices and Invoice format.
- Computation of GST (including RCM)
- Input Tax Credit (ITC) and set off – Types of input tax credit / Conditions to claim ITC / Inadmissible ITC / Reversal of ITC / Setoff of ITC ITC under change of constitution.
- Concept of Reverse charge mechanism and compliance
- Recording GST liability, ITC, Computation of GST payment and Set off entry for ITC
- Filing of GST returns – (GST3B/GSTR1/GSTR2/GSTR3/GSTR4/GSTR5 etc.)
- Eway Bill – requriment & compliance.
- Composition Scheme in GST
- Tax computation, payments and reports (including practical example) TDS under GST
- GST Annual Return
- GST Audit