What Does it Take to Become a GST Consultant?
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is difficult to grasp with all of its features and complexities. A layperson cannot understand or manage its numerous tax slabs and exemptions for certain sectors. A GST specialist can assist you with this. He is a tax expert with extensive knowledge of tax laws and regulations. He is also up to date on tax policy changes and new additions. Thus these experts provide GST administration assistance and advice to their clients. Hence read this blog to learn how to become a GST consultant or practitioner. Examine a GST consultant’s tasks and responsibilities, as well as their annual compensation and other relevant information.
A GST consultant must first register on the GSTN website before commencing his or her job. You may learn how to register on the GSTIN website by enrolling in any decent GST Certification Course. Hence you will study GST return filing, registration, cancellation and revocation, and other topics in such online accounting courses.
With official authority, these consultants can do the following:
- Make a new GST registration request.
- Request registration changes or cancellations.
- Request a refund or make a claim.
- Gather data on inbound and outbound supply.
- Assist in the filing of GST returns
- Deposit credit into the computerized ledger system.
- In addition, he can represent his client in front of GST officials.
It is necessary to submit a fresh GST registration application. Taxpayers whose GST registrations have been terminated must apply for a new one.
Thus to become a GST Consultant, you must meet the following requirements:
The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
To become a GST Consultant, you must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- A valid PAN Card, email ID, and cellphone number are required.
- It is not permitted to be declared bankrupt or insolvent.
- You should not have been sentenced to more than two years in jail.
- Hence this post requires a graduate or equivalent degree.
- A degree from an Indian institution or a foreign university with examinations equal to those in India is necessary.
- Chartered Accountant in Possession of COP
- COP’s Corporate Secretary
- Cost and Management Accountant COP
- Retired Government Employees
- Under existing legislation, a Sales Tax Practitioner
- Under current law, a tax return preparer
- A retired officer from any state government’s Commercial Tax Department or the CBIC who has held a Group – B (or higher) gazetted officer position for at least two years.
- You must have been a registered tax return preparer for at least five years.
- You must be a registered sales tax practitioner for at least five years.
The Advantages of a GST Practitioner Certificate:
After registering as a GST practitioner, the individual must pass the GSTP’s GST Interview Questions and Answers test within two years. Because a GST Practitioner/consultant performs critical work, he must be registered on the GST Portal and pass the test to receive a certificate. Thus this helps his reputation and dependability with clients.
Thus the main reason for hiring a GST consultant is to reduce the detail and confusion connected with submitting GST returns and other issues. Hence a consultant will ensure that the GST returns are filed on time. He will always be available to assist and answer GST-related queries. In his hands, tax-related operations will be handled professionally. He would better understand future GST policy changes and additions and be able to lead and steer accordingly.
How can I become a GST Consultant?
To register for the GST practitioner test, follow the steps detailed below:
The first step is to fill out an application form. Navigate to the official website and click the “Register Now” button. When the new page appears, click on new registration. Some of the most prevalent are as follows. Now enter your state and district. Provide your contact information, including your name, phone number, email address, PAN number, and other pertinent information. Enter the captcha code and click the Next button. When the validation is finish, it will be direct to the verification page. Hence Enter the OTP you got and click Continue. You will now be grant a TRN code (which will be forward to your register email address).
Hence enter the TRN and captcha code to continue. Now enter the OTP you received by mobile and email. You are taken to the Save my application page. Here, click the Edit button. A new page will display, requiring you to enter the following data:
- The University’s Name
- Year of death
- The degree’s name
- Upload the necessary papers.
- Select Save.
Now, you must enter your details:
- Full Name
- Aadhaar Card number
- Upload the photo
- Click on the Save option
You must put your professional address in the following section:
Enter the PIN code together with the residence address.
- Select the residential proof you want to submit.
- Please upload the document.
- Select Save.
You’ll be sent to the GST verification page now. Then, select the verification statement option, enter the location’s name, and select the document format. Press the agree button. Thus enter the OTP you received and click the Proceed button. You will receive an acknowledgment e-mail with an application reference number after the final submission.
How much does a GST Consultant make?
In India, a GST Consultant/ Practitioner earns between 1.4 Lakhs and 8.9 Lakhs monthly, for an annual pay of 3.2 Lakhs.
GST on GST Consulting Services:
The GST rate for GST consulting services is 18%. A consultant offers the following services:
- Serve as an authorized representative
- Fill out the RFD-11 refund claim form.
- Creating challans and depositing cash into the electronic cash ledger
- Complete the GSTR 9 and GSTR 4 returns.
- Completing GSTR 1, GSTR-3B, CMP-08, ITC-04, and additional ITC forms
- Compile an application for a modification, cancellation, or revocation of your GST registration.
- Preparing to opt-in or out of the composition levy
- View and prepare Advance Rulings, DRC-03, and LUT applications.
- GST announcement examination
- Investigating electronic money, credit ledgers, and liabilities
Hence It should be emphasize that GST practitioners are not allow to make applications on their customers’ behalf. The application can be save online, but the taxpayer must finish the final filing.
Conclusion: We hope this article has provided useful information on becoming a GST consultant. Hence to become a GST consultant, you must enroll and pass the exam. The GST registration is valid for two years, and the exam must be complete during that period. Hence after completing the test, he or she will be designated as an authorized GST representative.